As you probably know, we’re announcing our next post by trivia game!
Our previous clues were:
1) We won’t be adding a new continent to our list this time.
2) I hope that citizens of our new home keep themselves well-informed of current events, especially political events. After all, every adult citizen is required by law to vote.
3) We like to buy a few local “treasures” to remind us of our time in different locations. With our new post, that’s likely to include some olive wood—at least I assume that a country that’s known for olives also will have carvings made from olive wood.4) I am thrilled that the homeschooling schedule we plan to follow will have us studying Ancient History while we are at our next post. There are countless nearby places we can go for relevant field trips! The difficulty will be picking the best ones so we still have time for the in-home schooling.
5) For the first time since leaving the United States, we’ll be living in a country where the culture and population is identified more strongly with Christianity than with any other religion.
6) All things considered, this move will be one of the easiest moves possible for our cats. Our new home is close enough to our current one that we’ll just plan on boarding the cats here (or there) while we’re in the States and transferring them by car (rather than by plane) before or after our official arrival at our new post (depending on where we board them).
Because our new country is so mountainous, there are no navigable rivers. In fact, legend has it that when God created the world, He used a strainer to sift all the soil onto the Earth. When He was done, He tossed the rocks from the strainer over His shoulder, thus creating the country to which we’ll move next year.